Tuesday, October 18, 2005

a face in the crowd

Sunday evening around 6, I’m on my way home. It’s already a bit dark.
Winter is not far now, it’s getting chilly as well.
I woke up quite early in the morning, had cereal for breakfast and a nice Colombian coffee which I bought from M&S. I spent an hour reading, trying to finish this weird Murakami novel that’s all about coincidences in life.
I met Mia outside the National Portrait Gallery around 1; she took me to see this photo-exhibition of the world’s most photographed people. It was not bad, but I was more interested in her rather than the ‘world’s most photographed people’. She said that her favourite phrase in the world is ‘the beauty is in the eye of the beholder’ and that she once ‘fell in love with NY City’.
Afterwards, we had a nice big lunch at a Japanese restaurant, ‘she loves ginger noodles’ apparently. I thought that was funny. I had chilli ramen soup that was completely tasteless and so I kept adding salt.
After a laid back coffee sitting at the most comfortable sofa possible, we walked through Covent Garden to the tube station at Tottenham Court Road. Street entertainers, clowns, singers and acrobats were all over the place. We stopped to gaze at them and talk. I love these guys, they make an effort.
We said goodbye and I got in the underground.That was nice I thought as I passed by someone with a guitar signing in the corner. Damn, I haven’t heard that song for ages..

Before all of this ever went down
In another place, another town,
You were just a face in the crowd
Out in the street walking around
A face in the crowd
Out of a dream,
out of the sky
Into my heart, into my life
And you were just a face in the crowd
Out in the street, thinking out loud
A face in the crowd’

I went back and gave him some money. I also offered him a Marlboro but he said he was trying to quit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ziggy said...

You have it in you man.....

I like

"At least they make an effort..."

18/10/05 17:11  
Blogger CD said...

gr8 picture - gr8 song

18/10/05 19:13  
Blogger Mei said...

sounds like you had a nice day.... :)

p.s I love Covent Garnen it's my Favourite place in London.

20/10/05 17:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home