Wednesday, February 08, 2006

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

It has been months since I last thought about her. I mean actual months. And although I can recall exquisite details about the times I spent with her, I can hardly picture her face. I remember how cold it was when we walked along the park on a Saturday; how unbearably hot it was a day she picked me up from the airport. I can tell you what we had for lunch or dinner, the film we saw together and where we stopped for coffee. But her face remains a blur. So last night I go to sleep. I toss and I turn and I close my eyes. And as if she holds a sting that controls the journeys of my mind I travel all the way to the shoreline of her presence. It was there where I spend the night dazzled by the scent of her hair.
In the morning I thought about that film ‘eternal sunshine of the spotless mind’ where people go to this company to erase a past lover from their memories. Fuck that.
Artwork by Athena K.