Friday, December 16, 2005

Event # 1

Friday the 16th of December. 10 days before Xmas. It’s hard to concentrate at work.
I plan to leave early tonight. I am meeting Mia outside the Robin’s nest café at 6. Promptly.

‘Don’t be late again please’ she says.
‘I won’t’ I say back. ‘Mia there is something else.’
‘What?’
‘Wear your trainers…’

I am excited about 2night. I put on my gloves and hat, check that I have the tickets and I go rushing down the stairs. It sure smells like winter, it’s all around me but it’s quite hard to describe.

I arrive at 6.10 but she just smiles. We have time for a drink. The café is packed but we manage to squeeze in.

‘So why do you like them so much?’
‘I don’t know, its no big story or anything.. It’s just that when I first heard their music I really connected with it. One particular verse has stuck with me ever since.’

When I counted up my demons
Saw there was one for every day
With the good ones on my shoulders
I drove the other ones away

*Coldplay play Earl’s Court tonight on their last show of the year.



The band just arrived on stage.Big yellow ballons fill the arena when the Yellow anthem is played.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mei said...

You lucky thing!

16/12/05 17:21  
Blogger Ziggy said...

Vges twra filaraki moy giati tin protohronia pali ston Tsale tha pezoume hartia.....

17/12/05 02:02  
Blogger Corto Maltese said...

Ziggy New Years that pame Stageira.

17/12/05 16:18  
Blogger Ziggy said...

standar!!!!!

Mipws kalitera na pame athina???


Hahaha, this joke will never get old

17/12/05 22:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home